In DBF, designers can set goals and constraints for their project to explore design solutions that respond intelligently to their project requirements and analyse the results with key statistics
1. Set Targets and Constraints
- You can start by setting goals and constraints for your project on the right hand-side settings panel. In this panel, you can define the following input parameters: Number of Subplots, Site Coverage, Gross Floor Area and Maximum Height.
These inputs will be used to inform your design exploration and test out possible design solutions for your site.
2. Input Targets
Set yor target number in the input field at the botton of the target panel. In this case we are using: 3 Subplots, 150,000 m2 for GFA, 50% site coverage and 100 meters for max height.
Click on the PLAY button to start generating design solutions for your site. The generate tool will use the settings that you specified in previous steps and present you with possible solutions.
The targets panel will show the numeric result arrived at for the design on display. In this case all targetshave been hit.
In DBF, designers can choose different building typologies to work with when exploring design solutions for their projects.
1. Select Typologies
- Click on the Typology tab of the settings panel, to further customize your settings. On the top part of the menu you can define what building typologies you would like to use. On the bottom part of the menu you can define other parameters such as, building offset, building cantilever, grid resolution and plot angle(orientation).
Try out differnt combinations of typologies to explore new design oportunities.
Save and View Solutions
Once you have arrived at a design solution that you like, you can save this design option so you can compare and export your desing option later on.
On the right hand-side of the ribbon menu you will find two buttons:
1. View Solutions (four circles icon): Click on the View solutions icon to toggle between your saved solutions.
2. Save solutions (save disk icon): Click on the Save solutions icon to save the current design option on display. Alternatively you can click on the + icon in the saved solutions submenu. The + icon indicates that you have a lot available to save a solution.
3. Saved solution: The solution slots get populated with your saved solutions. Toggle between your saved solutions by clicking on saved solutions options.
4. Delete a Solution: To delete a solution, click on the View Solutions icon. This will open up the submenu where you see your saved solutions in each of the circle slots. To delete a particular solution Click and Drag the solution to the Trash Bin icon located on the top of the submenu.